Re: 16176424 PCM pinouts

Hi Peter and Group,

Peter Gargano wrote:

> Thanks Richard and Matt for the info on the VR PCM.
>
> So, the 16206305 is more properly an equivalent of the 1227165

	Yes

> (the 1227808 is often referred to as a 1227165 without the SXR chip
> [SXR = 8192 baud transceiver]).
>
> Also, as I understand it, the VT V8 uses the VR's PCM, but the VT
> V6 used the newer 3 plug PCM that has a driver per injector. This
> PCM is also a flash unit with a much smaller CALPAK unit than the
> 808's MEMCAL with EPROM. Correct?

No.

The VT V8 with sequential injection also uses the 3 plug PCM. Service
No. 16234531.
The VT V6 which is know as the ECO engine uses 3 plugs also. Service No.
16210672. Pinouts for the VT V6 and V8 appear to be the same although
circuit operation differs on some pins. These PCM's are not
interchangable and both use the smaller Calpak but it is not flash.
Eprom size is a 1024k (131,072 bytes)
	There is a posibilty that there maybe some early VT V8 using the VR/VS
PCM but they would not be using the sequential engine.

Cheers Richard.