Re: 16176424 PCM pinouts

>> So, the 16206305 is more properly an equivalent of the 1227165
>
> Yes

Also used was the 16183082, however by the look of the numbers the 16206305
must have replaced the '082'

>> (the 1227808 is often referred to as a 1227165 without the SXR chip
>> [SXR = 8192 baud transceiver]).

And the '082' is a diffeent design to the 808/165, although the majority of
the main I.C's are the same.

>> Also, as I understand it, the VT V8 uses the VR's PCM, but the VT
>> V6 used the newer 3 plug PCM that has a driver per injector. This
>> PCM is also a flash unit with a much smaller CALPAK unit than the
>> 808's MEMCAL with EPROM. Correct?
>
>No.
>
>The VT V8 with sequential injection also uses the 3 plug PCM. Service
>No. 16234531.
>The VT V6 which is know as the ECO engine uses 3 plugs also. Service No.
>16210672. Pinouts for the VT V6 and V8 appear to be the same although
>circuit operation differs on some pins. These PCM's are not
>interchangable and both use the smaller Calpak but it is not flash.
>Eprom size is a 1024k (131,072 bytes)
> There is a posibilty that there maybe some early VT V8 using the VR/VS
>PCM but they would not be using the sequential engine.

Starting from the VS model the V6 has been sequential INJ, the V6 used a
3plug as well, however it is different to the VT.
Only from VT did the V8 uses Sequential INJ.
The current LS1 powered VT's (Wish I had one!!) use a Flash ROM.

Ross Myers