Re: 730/727

What I'd do is,  Use your hall sensor to trigger an oem gm ignition module.
Use the module to run a aftermarket CD, or Jacobs unit.

Using the CD takes the load off of the module so a min heat sink is needed.
The input to the ignition module just needs to fire a LED thru a 1K
resistor.
Watch the polarity on the module input.  It has a slight current/volatge
applied to the reluctor.

There is a correction in the code for advance per 1,000 rpm for the increase
in timing when using a reluctor type sensor (A/C generator).  Not absolutely
nessecary to change that, just remember your timing table won't be
reflecting that.
Grumpy