Re: 94/95 GM PCM + M6 tranny question

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 08:43:21AM -0500, Dave Hempstead wrote:
> Hi,
>     Does anyone know if a 94/95 GM PCM knows what gear its M6
> transmission is in?  If it does know, how does it get the information?
> Does it send the gear # out its ALDL port?  Anyone know what the ALDL
> stream looks like for a PCM with manual transmission??

Dave, at least in early 90 ECM's, it figures out what gear
is currently selected by computing the N/V ratio (RPM/MPH).
The program is set to know what range of N/V ratio's result
from various gears being selected, and the N/V ratio is
output the ALDL (Diacom displays it on P4 ECM's).

   Marc

--
  Marc Randolph     -    mrand@pobox.com    -     PGP keyID: 0x4C95994D
     If you have any info on the mid-60's car called the Bill Thomas