RE: 1227165.. apyu bcc HELP!

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	ECMnut@aol.com [SMTP:ECMnut@aol.com]
	Sent:	Tuesday, January 04, 2000 8:53 AM
	To:	gmecm@efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
	Subject:	Re: 1227165.. apyu bcc HELP!

	Mike,
	sorry to hear about your string of bad luck.
	Somehow, I pictured you in a 2WD S-truck with narrowed rear,
	forced induction, laptops everywhere.....

	Well, you almost got it right.  It is 4x4 and NA.  But laptop (2)
and my old 4x6 in the shop. Every where. I'm trying to go for the syclone
theme, losa power, 4x4 daily driver.  Need the narrowed rear :0).  School
cost a lot of money.  Want to lower it and run some 255 50 16's.  and do
some suspension work.  Would like to get it into the low 12's.  730
conversion went great.  Forced induction is not poss with this motor as comp
is 11.3:1... But I am working on a 2wd blazer for a buddy.  So far we have
lowered it 3" painted it put some 245 50 15's On AMR's .
	It is an 87 2.8v6 5spd manual.  Got me puzzled., pull off map sensor
so it goes in limp mode, runs excellent.  Normally it sputters and idles
high.  Would like to do some chip work... just need time.

	Any winter projects planned?

	But I am working on a 2wd blazer for a buddy.  So far we have
lowered it 3" painted it put some 245 50 15's On AMR's .
	It is an 87 2.8v6 5spd manual.  Got me puzzled., pull off map sensor
so it goes in limp mode, runs excellent.  Normally it sputters and idles
high.  Would like to do some chip work... just need time.  We are going with
a 98 ls1 with the t56 6spd.  Should be mean,  but I need to do some more
research on the efi system.... Anybody got any info???  Should have it
finished by late Feb depending on when I get enough time to do the heads.  I
also picked up a 87 GN.  Excellent shape, but motor needs work as it sat for
too long had not been driven for 5 years and has 40 000km on it.  Has
original tires but they are all cracked.  Every gasket on the motor leaked
oil when I fired it up.... Might do a little extra work once I get it
apart...   Do you know anyone that wants to trade a 87 gn with fresh motor,
no rust for a typhoon with low km :0)?

	Mike V
	<snip>