CarBytes v2

Hi All,

CarBytes v2 is almost ready to ship. I've actually completed the documentation. HTML, I hope everyone can read it this time :)

I would post CarBytes v2 to my website for downloading but I can't run the final tests because I'm away on holidays (Over in NZ actually). And my ISP won't allow me to access my site unless I dial in through their phone numbers, which would be an international call from NZ.

Once I get home, I'll verify that CarBytes works (on a car that chatters) and post it to the website. Probably next week some time.

The reason for this post is, if anyone is interested in getting a copy of the v2 documentation before then, just drop me an email at paul_blackmore@hotmail.com

I would have sent it to everyone on the CarBytes mailing list but its about 1 Megabyte in size. So if you want a sneak preview of the doco and don't mind downloading about 1 Meg of stuff then let me know.

Cheers
Paul Blackmore

Here's some of the new features in CarBytes v2:

- Chatter mode
 Chatter on the ALDL bus can now be monitored.

- Macros
 ALDL commands may be constructed to automate a series of requests.

- Charts
 The number of series plotted per chart has been increased from 4
 to 8.

- Malfunction flags
 Malfunction flags are now displayed in their own window as green
 ticks or red crosses.
 It is now easier to enter/maintain malfunction flags in the editor.

- Binary capture
 ALDL data can now be captured as binary data.

- Export to Excel
 ALDL definitions can now be exported to Excel.

- User defined formulas
 Formulas are now user definable.

- Device message ID's
 ALDL messages can be ignored/processed based on their message ID.