Re: 89 MAF Volt to freq conversion

Hey, Tom! It's been over 2 days and no reply on this one? Gee, if it
were only true for the 7148 Buick GN code. It sure would puit a cramp in
the MAF translator sales, since the GN MAF went disc.. :) MAN! I need to
read more of those web pages! <grin>

 Anybody know anything about this? Pulleeze? ;)

 BTW, happy new year friends!

Thomas Matthews wrote:

> In the ECMguy's hack of the 86 '165 bin, he has a flag for MAF type, voltage
> or frequency... Does anyone know if this is present in the 89 ARAP ($6E)
> calibration, and if it is there, where it is?
> Is it as simple as flipping the volt to frequency flag, and recalibrating
> the calibration to use a newer, higher flowing GM MAF, such as a LT1 sensor?
> He also has 6 tables that define the range of a frequency MAF, but in the
> showing of the tables he has voltages- would these be the ones to adjust?
> Is some other part of the program performing a conversion from voltage to
> frequency that I have missed?
> Also, I've seen numerous references to VATS- I thought it did not come along
> until '88.
> I remember that some were heading this way a few months ago, but haven't
> seen anything recently...
> Thanks
> Tom

Dan Smith      84 Regal   11.841@115.09     GSCA# 1459