Re: 89 MAF Volt to freq conversion

Well, for my 2 cents worth, the translator idea is neat, but been done.  Ya
it costs some $$, but for all the time, and effort to duplicate it, I really
doubt if it's worth doing.  I plan on doing something along those lines as
practice for working with a 68HC___.   Oh, and with the commercial unit you
don't have to worry about test driving, and getting a blown fuse, entering
the freeway.  Hardware failures really can happen at the worst possible
moment.
   But, for all the song and dance to do that, why not get an ecm and
convert it to what exactly you want?.
  In the case of the 85-89 F-bodies just go to the 730.  $50 or less gets
you an ecm, a couple bucks for connectors, and 40$ish gets a new MAP.  The
with 730 Hac from TC your done, and have full tunability.  If you want stock
appearance just leave the MAF looking like it's connected.  If you really
hunt you can find ecms once inna while for 15 and sensors for 5  so for 25
you get the best of all worlds, or if you pay heavily 105 gets you into the
game.
  In the case of the 748 (turbo app), give a hand working on the 8253.  It's
a P4 SEFI, DIS, ecm, with lots of empty room in the prom for patches.  Bump
come to shove, just use the 8253 as is, and make a wastegate controller.
Grumpy,
  Ahh, no PT or Dr.s today..  What a thrill!!!!!.....