Re: Need help on 87 2.8v6

>>Maybe just leave it
>> till the ls1 is ready to go in.. should be lotsa fun....I'll post my
>> findings when I get to it probably later this month when I get the PCM
and
>> harness......There is no friggin throttle cable on these bastards!!!!!
>I'ts
>> not step on the gas but mat the Var resistor!
>
>A throttle body from a late Vortec 454 is said to fit w/no mods - gives you
>a cable throttle instead of the drive by wire.

Yup, P/N 17096144 monoblade throttle body assembly (75mmm bore).  Comes
complete from GM with IAC, TPS, decreasing radius throttle cam assembly,
cruise cable hook-up point, and a stiff throttle return spring.  Flows
around 700'ish  CFM @ 1.5"Hg pressure drop.  Good for a lot of different DIY
EFI projects, and a good value for the $$$ required to buy them new from GM.
I have two such new new assemblies that are leftovers from a previous
project.  If anyone is interested, please contact me off-list.

Walt.