Re: Archives

-> I have done this and don't see the need to 'strip' the header info
-> from the messages.

 The full headers can run 20 lines or more.  I strip everything except
the poster's name, the list name, and the date.  Here's an entry from
the DBfH:

   O /
(---X----[snip]------------------------------------------------)
   O \

Ludis Langens <ludis@cruzers.com>
gmecm  16 May 1999
- > For those that have seen the Fiero SD code and it's brother
  >the 85 Mass code (they were backups to each other should one
  >fail EPA certification), it is a beast like nothing else. Both
  >the tables and the program are different. Maybe the Fiero
  >follows some older C3 carb code, but I've never seen anything
  >that compares.
- The SyTy / Turbo Sunbird code appears to be derived from the
  Fiero 6869/7170 speed-density code.  I haven't looked at the
  SyTy code all that much, but every part I have looked at is
  almost a line-by-line copy of the Fiero code.
- In the backwards direction, the 6869 code is related to other
  speed-density programs.  The 6864 4-cyl TBI has a lot in common
  with the 6869.  Optimizations present in one but not the other
  imply that the branch point is further back.  Perhaps the common
  ancestor is all the way back at the (circa 1982) 5610 & 6026 ECMs.

   O /
   O \

 I don't have any use for subject lines, routing paths, X comments, etc.

-> the messages.  An entire month archive put into the mail directory
-> for Netscape (and I assume any decent mail reader) will work just as

 I dump everything to a text file and use my editor to trim extraneous
text, and I sometimes add comments to the ends of messages.  Everything
is visible at once just by scrolling through the file; you can't do that
with Netscape.

 Then again, I do my mail a bit differently from other people...