Re: X-fire

| That's what I'm in the process of doing; replacing the '5550 with the
'7747,
| but I'm trying to figure out all the pinouts.
|
| Actually, out of curiosity, what *is* better about the '7747, besides
being
| the most fully-hacked ECM (and having a free editor for it?) Is it faster?
| Better drivers? Is the coding better/faster, or are there more options?

Five years of newer ecm design.  Five years further refinement of code
(sorta).
Has to meet 5 year newer emissions, so finer/more acccurately tuned.
Uses two similiar sized injectors.  Meant to be used with numerous
engine/injectors.  More versatile.

Pinouts about are a color for color line up, About the only change is
pulling the board out of the check engine light driver and wiring it so the
ecm directly turns on the CEL.

WHAT COULD BE BETTER then fully haced, and a free editor!!???,,,,.....

| Also, What is IAT? (Sorry for my ignorance.)

Intake Air Temperature sensor, sometimes called MAT Manifold Air Tmp sender.
Grumpy (4.385330944934885230)