Re: Archives

-> Well, I agree that the header info is a lot of needless overhead, but
-> I am not good enough with c/perl/sed/awk/python/(insert favorite
-> language here) to quickly write a program to selectively strip all
-> but the From, Subject and Date lines out of the headers on a big
-> scale.

 I made a start on a Perl script to do it, but I realized that hand
editing was useful in that I could trim more extraneous junk out of
messages and it also gave me a chance to reread and think about them
while my fingers were busy.  Of course, it helps to have a good
editor...  vi or Word are too clumsy to make such machinations
worthwhile.