Re: x-fire pinouts

Kevin Reynolds wrote:

> In comparing the pinouts between my 82 Fbody manual, 84Ybody manual, and the 747 pinout from the archives, it seems that the extras from the crossfire all relate to emissions. Is this due to the 747 being a truck ecm and them(trucks) having less strict emission?
> How did you that made the conversion handle this? Just drop the systems like evap and air injection, or find other ways of running them.

Dropped 'em.  57 Pickup never stops at emissions stations.  But egr
and purge control are included with 7747 free of charge.  AIR is only
used when the engine's cold, there's other ways to do that.  Most of
the AIR control is vacuum anyway, on 82.

> Between the manuals, they list high gear, 3rd/2nd gear inputs, and the 747 has a high gear input. My 82 Z28 has a '84 T-5 5speed with no connections other than backup light. What function does this connection relate to(anything other than converter?)and should I leave it disconnected or tie it to something else?

High gear input and P/N switch should be left disconnected for manual
trans.
Shannen