Re: more DIS questions

| Why can't you just bolt a disk with the proper notches onto the harmonic
| balancer for crank trigger and use the HEI distributor for cam trigger?

Depending on module, you might only need a crank sensor.
Several strategies.   C3I, Fast Start,     3x, 18x, 24x,  then type I, and
type II coils.  Plus the real new stuff.  Some of that gets by with just cam
speed stuff (ie LT1).
Northstar, uses two crank sensors, one trigger wheel.
chEErs
Grumpy

Yes, you can do what you mention (sounds like the buick turbo, EFI).