Re: more DIS questions

Often forgot is that with a Distributor, the min firing voltage is set by
the cap/rotor air gap.  On some applications this can be as great as
.125"!!!!!.   Helps during cold engine starting, when things are up to
snuff, but ensures fouled plugs when things ain't right, or misfires in high
demand firing situations (ie WOT!!).
   Also, that is alot of spark energy to give away.  You can't recover that.
Now, you might also, wonder why some ignition brands work best on certain
vehicles.  CSH, HQ has been known to go thru real gymnastics to truely
blueprint an ignition system....
Grumpy