Re: Freighting an engine.

Good point.  There are several ways to list it on the bill of lading.
Used auto parts, used auto parts: engine, used auto parts:
miscellaneous, industrial engine (this one worked well once).  Each
one can carry a different price tag. Price shopping in the freight
industry is a full time job for some people.  But different listings
also carry different liability.  If your scrap engine gets trashed in
transit, expect little financial reimbursement for it.  Packing can
make a huge difference, stated value can also.
Shannen