Crank Angle Sensors

-> Do any SBC use a timing cover mounted crank angle sensor?  Is the
-> reluctor permanently mounted to the crank shaft?  What is an
-> approximate year and application so I search for one?

 '97 and later truck 350s (maybe earlier, I don't know) with the plastic
timing chain cover have provision for some sort of sensor ahead of the
timing chain sprocket.  I had to make an O-ringed plug on the lathe to
stop up the hole on a '97 I built for an '85 Suburban.