Re: dead simple recap

|  I snagged a Haynes book with some wiring diagrams.  I have two 730 V6
| PFI harnesses, one from a Chevy Celebrity, one from a Pontiac 6000.
| They're arranged slightly differently but seem to have all the same
| connectors.
|  Let me recap what I think I know:
| 1) the wiring to a DIS module or a distributor HEI module is the same

For ignition, yes.  There are variants, depending on DIS type..

| 2) if I use a 730 V8 chip, I can leave the cam and crank sensor
|    connectors unused

The crank, cam sensors tie to the ignition module, not the ecm.
On some PCMs, the sensors tie directly to them, not on a 730.

| 3) the Haynes manual shows all the wiring harnesses as having the same
|    color codes despite the variations in year, engine, and injection
|    type.  Correct?

There are probably 1-2 different ones just so you can't say always, but VERY
often they match color for color.

| 4) even though the wiring diagram shows injectors wired left bank/
|    right bank to the ECM, there's only one injector driver in there

True
Grumpy