Re: dead simple recap

-> For ignition, yes.  There are variants, depending on DIS type..

 That figures.  All the diagrams in the book were sort of generic.

 I just got a 165 ECM and '86 (?) Camaro wiring harness in the mail; at
least now I can compare the V6 harness to a known-working V8 harness.

 Question:  the 730 has two black connectors and a yellow connector.
The 165 has only two black connectors, which appear to be identical to
the 730's, but no yellow connector.  Can the ECMs be interchanged?  What
does the yellow connector on the 730 do?