Re: Memcals

In a message dated 1/14/00 7:02:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gerich@one.net.au writes:

<< List
 I was reading through a memcal application chart and found different memcals
 for the same vehicle depending on whether heated or non-heated o2 sensors
 were used.

Probably something to do w/closed loop timer....stuff like that. My GN's
original chip had one timer, the recall chip for the same car is like 2/3 of
the time, and the coolant temp to enable closed loop was changed as well.
Other that that there wasnt much different that I recall. Most likely
something like that in your case.

Jim Testa                                         TType86 on #BuickGN
jtesta1966@aol.com                               buick.fiendish.net:6667
ASE Master Technician            NJ Lic. Motor Vehicle Inspector
L1 Adv Eng Perf Certified     NJ Licensed Emissions repair Tech