Re: What model ECM is this ?

Hi Mark,
              The Snakeskinner was designed from the ground up to be a
professional racecar and thus only a few parts came from stock OEM parts. To
reduce the weight by almost 1,000 lbs about everything you can think of is not
on this car including to what I have been told for the ECM to give full
communcations the CCM has to be present which is not in this case.
The car was designed in 1994 but I think all the logic is from a 1990 model year
though I do not know if the ECM is from that year.
There is only a red light for the "Check Engine" none of the other ECM or CCM
functions are onboard.
That red light just comes on and stays on. Being a pro racecar there is a master
D/C switch and I assume all power to
ECM is shut down when car is turned off, blowig out any error codes, thus red
light does not come back on after a re-start.
Somehow G.M rigged that light to ECM.
If I can get those numbers decoded for which ECM it is would be helpful.
I do know that the E-prom carrier does not have some type of logic piggybacking
above the 2 smaller chips
as I see on a stock one.
I have tried both DLC connectors for the Diacom Plus and it will not link.

John