Re: What model ECM is this ?

Team ZR1 wrote:

> I have just started getting into this and am green as you can be ...

John, we all start somewhere!

> The ECM in my Snakeskinner ZR-1 Corvette has these numbers on the PCB
> towards the end where E-prom sits.

The PCB numbers may not be as valuable as the part numbers on the
chips themselves.  Are there any, and can you read them?

> Also I downloaded this disassembler off of the TunerCat website and I
> can not tell if its disassembling correctly.

I wonder if this may have a 32 bit processor?  If so, the job just
got much harder.  I don't recall what year that car was made.
If it is 32 bit, and you still want to modify some code, it may be
easier to go back to an 8 bit ECM.  If you are really green, and it is
32 bit, the learning curve just got very steep.

> Can I tell if the output code is correct ?

First off, does it make sense?  Like the first instructions from
power on, what do they do?  Do they init the stack pointer, init
some processor regs, init some memory, etc?

Scot Sealander