Re: Memcals

>How new is the chip?  Not the MY that it fits, but the year it was
>made...
>Shannen

I don't know. I bought the totalled '89 IROC last year, and the chip was
already in it. ;) Chip label is pretty faded, so looks pretty old.

It's a 256k EPROM with good values (non 255) starting at 0x4000. Usually the
main spark table (12c x 17r) just jumps out and grabs ya at about 0x30 after
the start, but I don't see it on this one. That's what makes me think it's
scrambled. I really haven't spent any time cracking on it though. There is a
chip (14 or 16 pin) nestled below the EPROM, but I haven't removed the EPROM
from the memcal to see what kind of chip that is.

If ya want a copy for educational purposes, I'll send ya a bin.

Andrew (love my new EMP-10 =8^) )