Introduction

Hi all,

My name is Ron Selberg, and I'm in Portland OR. I work for Tektronix (you
may have heard of us) and am an engineering technician. Been here longer
than I care to admit. My areas of expertise are mainly analog. I do well
enough with control systems to be dangerous. A programmer I'm not.

A car guy I am. I've drag raced since 1975. If I owned it, I raced it.
Currently have a street legal 69 Nova that runs high tens. Not a computer
controlled part on it.

What brings me here is my 89 2.3liter Olds Calais. Quad four for those of
you who know.
This is my daily driver, and as usual I just couldn't keep from hotrodding
it. So far the usual stuff, exh, ported head, bigger cams etc. At 15.15 in
the quarter it's hardly a rocket, but it ran 16.0 stock and there is more to
be done.

As usual, this leads the the "chip". I know I can just go buy one from
whoever, but this doesn't satisfy my curiosity as to just what has been
changed. I've tried several variations from various "Quad 4"  tuners and
their chips barely even run in my car. So to say the least, they don't
really know what is going on. I will say that the stock chip works fine.

I found your site by simply doing a search for General Motors ECM's.

So far, I know the following about my car. The computer is 1228707. MemCal
is ANZJ. I have built a fixture to allow me to read the contents of the
EPROM which is a 27c256.  I find my setup in the DIY-EFI page, but not much
beyond what it fits and what EPROM is in it.

So I'm anxious to learn more. Perhaps someone on this list has at least some
experience with this combination. and maybe you guys can help get me
started. At the least, it will be interesting to listen in.

Thanks,

Ron