Re: What model ECM is this ?

I have to wonder if all the effort is worth it on this car.  Seems to me
that if all of the 'special' LT5 functions are removed, that you would
be better off using an aftermarket controller (SpeedPro is what I like,
but there are others at least as good).  Then you can develop different
maps and just squirt them in as needed instead of having to burn a
chip.  Don't even have to shut the engine off.  There are some nice
datalogging capabilities internal to the ECU as well.

The thing I don't know about is the ignition (because I know little
about the LT5 engine).  Seems to me that it is DIS of some sort.  I do
know that the developer on the SpeedPro ECU is working on DIS for GM V-8
using the Northstar DIS module which might be an option.  I am planning
on using this on my 396" LT1 to get rid of the useless OptiSpark system.

Later dates.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:scott@scottknight.com
http://www.scottknight.com/ IRC:SS396man