'7429, 2.8tbi v6

I have an '87 S15-Jimmy that I'm playing with, has a 2.8tbi 5spd in it.  I have been trying to read the 160 baud ALDL stream with the interface and software from Peter Gargano's web site (http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl/160/aldl_hw.htm) but I've had no luck so far.  It's too damn cold out right now up here to lug my osciloscope out to the truck and play.

Has anyone gotten this simple interface to work on the older US model C3s?  Anyone know if the ECM in my truck will do 8192 ALDL?  Any ideas?

When I have some time I will pull the ECM and read the prom and post it for those that want to look at the '7429 code.

I don't have Diacom, so don't go there.  Not willing to spend the outrageous amount of Canadian $ that it costs...

Ernst