Re: IAT MAT differences

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Does anyone know about there being two different series of Air
> Temperature sensors?.

No, but that doesn't mean anything.... ;-)

> Is it a difference in resistance per d temperature?.

See above.

> Yes, there are numerious mounting styles, but I looking for a
> difference in electrical properties.

Haven't seen any, nor any differences in any linearization tables.

Took some sensors outside and observed their reported air
temp with DIACOM:

IAT #1      -12 deg C
IAT #2      -12 deg C
IAT #3      -13 deg C
IAT #4      -12 deg C
IAT in car  -13 deg C

ECT #1 -12 deg C
ECT #2 -12 deg C
ECT #3 -13 deg C

Yes, ECT sensors were plugged in the IAT sensor plug and
reported the same temp.  In the house, the Radio Shack
indoor/outdoor thermometer was reading -15.7 deg C.

Scot Sealander