TB Adaptation Help?

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> There are lots of things to be done, before going to a larger TB in my
> opinion.
> ie intake tract, exhaust, cam, then TB..
>   Have you heard of or gotten a copy of the Rocket Sports (?) racing
> catalog?.  Was/is available from Olds with all kinds of quad 4 stuff.
> Grumpy

Just a little history then.

I have 2.5 inch exhaust, high flow Random Tech cat, Edelbrock RPM 2.5
inch center-center muffler and the pipe exits right in front of the
drivers side wheel.

I have modified my stock HO exhaust manifold to 2.25 inches on the
outlet.  The primaries were enlarged and smoothed where the manifold
attaches to the head and I smoothed and enlarged the collector area.  I
don't have pictures of the manifold yet.  (need to be developed)

You can find out lots of information about my car here:

http://www.beretta.net/behind_the_wheel_dyno_res.shtml

My latest Street Dyno run can be found here:

http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/dyno_charts/gtz/1_21_00_stck_vs_exh+mnfld.htm

I have not found an aftermarket intake (from TB forward) for this car.
I tried taking off the top of the factory airbox and lost lots of
mid-range TQ, but did gain some top end.  Here:

http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/dyno_charts/gtz/9_27_99_remove_to.htm

I'll take any ideas you have.  I have seen the old Rocketparts catalog.
I have .jpg's of all the pages.  The problem is that GM doesn't make
most of this stuff any more and I am looking for cheap things I can do
myself before I buy cams, etc...

Thanks!

Rex