Re: TPI Vacuum at idle

Thanks, I thought that was awfully low for a stock engine (except dual exhaust,
and no cat or air pump).

Next question:

What to look for other than a severe vacuum leak which if it had, would probably
have to be under the intake manifold (I fixed one when I installed the engine
less than a year ago, #8 was sucking coolant and air).  Last time I checked it
had descent compression, measured near 160psi on all 8.

I think this is where my low end power is going, & also causing the ECM troubles
(surging idle sometimes, poor cold running, poor response off idle, rough
running in the low end).  Do these motors (non roller) have a history of the
cams going flat?

Gabe