Re: Disguised scan tool

That's a good question.  Some cars have a jumper in the ALDL cover
which connects the ECM serial line to the BCM serial line in a loop.
I think the 88? Toronado is like this.  When the cover is removed and
the scan tool is connected, scan tool communications are actually with
the BCM.  But BCM info is pretty scarce, and I haven't found anything
concrete yet.

 I think I'll pick up one of these BCMs if I find it cheaply enough.
Still haven't heard about the optional crt available in these cars,
and what drives it.
Shannen