Re: Crossfire SES driver & 7747

I finished swapping the connectors so I can plug in the 7747 to my 82
harness, and found( I think) the little box containing the green driver
board for the SES light. I didn't change any of the wires for the SES light,
just unplugged the driver board. The car started, and the SES light works.
What gives? I thought I'd have to bypass the driver and splice the light
directly to the ECM.

Also, what exactly does the driver do? Is it like a relay for the computer
or something else.