Re: [VN] New Mobil1 vs. Old Mobil1 vs. Non-Synthetic?

I want to see 10 lbs for each 1K rpm. If 5w30 will do it, then great. else go
higher. I ran amsoil in an old engine for 32K miles and sent it in to CAT for
oil testing. everythink was ok for another 3K miles, the report said ( thinking
it was a 3K change), Tetra-ethyl lead was off scale and silicone (sand) was > 5K
ppm. So much for 500 Holley 2 bbls on 351Ws and running in the dunes (sand) with
a poor air cleaner. Started as a 100K mile taxi motor with a $100 rebuild.
lifters were shot when I put them in but they lasted.  Tom