Re: Crossfire SES driver & 7747

I duno what happened. I cut the connectors off the stock harness and spliced
in the connectors form a 91 PU out of the salvage yard. Before I hooked up
the 747 I found what looks like the SES driver thingy pictured in my Camaro
service manual, opened the top and pulled out the little green board(which
looks like the driver pictured in said manual). I have a scanner so I
figured I'd do with out the SES for right now and wasn't sure how the driver
was wired and what would happen if I just ran it and the 747. Anyway, I
started the car and noticed that when flipping the scanner thru the modes it
would kick on the SES light when I passed the ground mode. I then
disconnected the scanner and grounded A & B using my high tech paperclip and
got the flashing 12 code. So at this point I have no idea why it works.
Either I pulled the wrong driver( can't think what else would use one) and
the SES is working with both the internal and external drivers in line, or
somehow the external driver is wired so that there's a connection between
ECM and SES light and I can just leave the old driver unplugged.
What is your experience with what it should do with the driver in line? If
it wouldn't short out or blow up anything I will plug it back in and see if
I lose the SES.
Also, Please let me know (since it seems to work)if just leaving it like
this will screw up anything. Can't see any reason to cut and rewire for no
reason.

FWIW, the scanner is reading all sensors fine, and reading no codes.

Kevin R