Re: Question from newbie

Do you own a eprom reader/burner yet?
There are a number of good ones liste in the archives.  You'll
need an eprom eraser too.

>  Questions are:
>
>  1.  Where can I learn how to change the program in my prom?

 I like the GME Por software.  It is a very efficient (read small) program
that run in DOS or Windoz.  It is a feww hundred bucks from Terry K.
There are also some publicly available programs written by some very
nice list members, who have put them on the FTP site.  They require a little
more legwork on your part if the corresponding ecu file doesn't exist yet for
your application.

>  2.  I want to know how to lean the injectors at idle when in open loop.  (
> idles rich now)

See above, plus, buy yourself some monitoring capability.
Doacom is a software/cable combo by Rinda Tech that turns
you PC-laptop into a monitoring/recording device for ECM activity.
There are good handheld scantools like OTC also.

>  4.  I want to learn to optimize WOT AFR.

>  5.  I want to learn to increase idle speed due to a larger cam.

In addition, you'll need to play with the closed throttle efficiency
fuel tables, due to lower idle vacuum associated with frumpy cams.
IMO, don't go too far beyond "half your centerline" deg when measuring
duration at .050  for cam selection in a GM MAP based system,
or you'll be burning a lot of chips before you get the idle right.
HTH
Mike V