RE: Crossfire mod.. plenum volume or enlarged TBIs first?

Brent; I have both an '82 Corvette (with it's original CrossFire) and a
spare CrossFire manifold. The spare I have has the dime-sized holes between
the runners like you're talking about - I assumed they were for smoothing
out the induction pulses at lower RPM, similar in function to a 180 degree
manifold from the factory. I'm not sure my '82 has these same holes - I
wasn't even aware that they were made without them. (Possibly that's what my
'82 has?)

I am learning about casting aluminum, and have considered casting a new
CrossFire replacement that has a taller plenum and larger (matched) runners.
There is also a new design CrossFire replacement - the X-Ram. It's based on
a Weiand "Xcelerator" manifold with a CrossFire type top built onto it. I
met the proprietor of this product and took a ride in his '84 Corvette -
it's a huge improvement over the original design, but you have to fabricate
brackets, make a few changes, etc. It's worth a fast 100 horsepower though,
with a simple manifold and fuel pump change. (Nothing else.) I was very
impressed, but at $400, it's a bit steep.

Right now it takes too much time and money for him to make one because it's
hand-machined, but if I can help him cast it, it might save him a lot of
time and money. If you're interested (or anyone else is) you can e-mail me
at ken73@houston.rr.com and I'll tell you all about it.  His website for the
new manifold can be found at http://www.x-ram.com but it isn't very
informative at all. I'm lucky I only live about 10 miles from him and was
able to go check it out. I have a few pics of it also.

Ken Kelly (#2)