Re: Crossfire mod.. plenum volume or enlarged TBIs first?

> I am learning about casting aluminum, and have considered casting a new
> CrossFire replacement that has a taller plenum and larger (matched)
runners.
> There is also a new design CrossFire replacement - the X-Ram. It's based
on
> a Weiand "Xcelerator" manifold with a CrossFire type top built onto it. I
> met the proprietor of this product and took a ride in his '84 Corvette -
> it's a huge improvement over the original design, but you have to
fabricate
> brackets, make a few changes, etc. It's worth a fast 100 horsepower
though,
> with a simple manifold and fuel pump change. (Nothing else.) I was very
> impressed

Me Too. That was definitely worth a look - thanks for the tip

> but at $400, it's a bit steep.

I agree - $400 does seem expensive, In his defense though, looking at the
way it's built  - I'd say it was quite reasonable - there's got to be well
over $100 in aluminum plate there before the milling even starts.

> Right now it takes too much time and money for him to make one because
it's
> hand-machined, but if I can help him cast it, it might save him a lot of
> time and money.

Good Idea - J