Re: 1227165 Questions

Hi Jason,
That is the calpak.  The big chip is the eprom, which is what you are after.
It might not be a bad idea to get another APYP calpak just like the
one you have there.  That way, you can perform your twisted experiments
and always be able to plug the priginal back in if things don't work out.
I always chop the prom off & solder a ZIF socket on the carrier,
to allow plugging & unplugging of eproms, which makes for easy
erasing burning etc, at the same time..  I'm not sure if APYP uses
a 256 K chip (27256 eprom), but I think it does..  Anyone know?
Mike V

 (