RE: Confuzin signals

I think that current output of the 2732 is not enough for driving LED. Put
one NPN-type transistor between LED and EPROM. "Clear" schematics follows

             5V

             220R

              _
              v Your led
              -

One of D0..7|/
EPROM --1k--|
            |\>

              - Ground

So one of the data bus D0..7 is driving NPN transistor thru 1k resistor...
Your current implementation is propably the same without transistor.
If driving more than like two LEDs why not use ULN type driver having
damping diodes etc (so possible to drive relays or bigger lamps).

-Mika