Re: Adapting GM ECM to Chrysler Turbo

Thanks for the replies,

I have no problem using an external regulator for the alternator.  As a
mater of fact, it is easy to hook up.  I expected having to use some of the
GM sensors. What are the relays?  Chrysler had the fan, ASD, and A/C.  It
also had  Canister Purge and Wastegate control.  The wastegate is manually
controlled and I really don't care about the canister (even though the EPA
does).  The purge could be hooked up when necessary.

The chryco distributer has a hall effect pickup that is prone to failure.
I just carry a spare.  It has two pickups in it, one for injector sync and
the other for spark.  It was mentioned to adapt a dist. from another
vehicle.  How was the Dist in the Sunbirds?  I believe it was mounted on
the head and driven by the cam.

Of all the upgrades available, one quit modifying SBECS, another closed the
business, MP will not pass emisions, and FM sells a $2200 complete
conversion from FelPro (SpeedPro).  I wish to pass emissions when
necessary, get better fuel economy, better performance and spend less $$$.

Super 60 levels of performance in a streetable machine is desirable,
however at this time, My goals are emissions first (have to test this
year), and as much performance possible from a stock Turbo II 2.2L w/
Intercooler with bolt on items like S60 (+40%) injectors, 3 Bar Map, etc.
I already have the 2.5" exhaust to the rear.

Also, a scan tool is no problem as I have the Snap-on MT2500 I 'borrowed'
from my brother.

Thanks for the Info.  Anyone have an ECM and complete wiring wiring harness
w/ sensors and relays available from a 87-90 Turbo Sunbird?

Thanks for the input!
Tom McCabe