DIS ????

Any one got a crank posistion sensor like used with a 7 notch crank, ie 87
2.8-90  3.1L (con you measure it's resistance)?
Traning manual says it's a reluctor.
I can hook a dissy to the DIS module, and spin it randomly, and get a coil
to fire (well a LED).
So at least the module works.
Now I got the pulse generator that simulates the 7 notches passing the
pickup.  The pins for the reluctor at the module, 2 seem to be ground, and
the other floating (reads no voltage).
I can hook a LED across the dissy, and at about the same speed that triggers
the module lights the LED without burning it out, so the singnal is A/C, and
about 1.8v
I'm using the output of a 2732 as the "input" to the module.  I've used it
as a pull up, and pull down with a 1K resistor, and LED.  I tried a cap
(well numeruos ones) and I can't get a steady firing of the coil.
No connections to the EST Bypass or ref.,  the low ref is grounded.
Any ideas welcome, and if it takes a Pizza I'll try to e-mail one to the
person with the right answer.
Cheers