Re: DIS ????

Bruce,

You might try something like the following.  The main differences compared
to what you're using is that the signal would be AC coupled allowing
postive and negative voltage swings to the dis input and the 74hct04 and
source and sink 25ma (the 2732 can't source much current).

View with fixed width font.

              +5v

               /
  74hct04      \ 10k
               /
         1uf   /
               \ 10k
               /

              gnd

capacitor should be a non-polarized type
try a smaller non-poplarized cap if 1uf not available

Tom