Re: V-Maf Differences for Part #s

I have an (originally) '85 TPI in my truck.  I thought I was having MAF troubles
and got an '86 MAF from the salvage yard.  It seems to work/look the same.  I am
now running an '165 instead of the '870 with the ARAP calibration.

The '870 itself has no burnoff function, but it does have a "piggyback module"
that does conduct a burnoff to the MAF.  The 5 inputs/outputs are wired and
function the same between the MAF's.  I didn't realize that there was any
difference at all.

Is the '86 MAF the same as the '89?