EFI - Terminology and acronyms

Hi All,

I have asked this type of question before, but can't seem to find the replies that were sent to me. So if anyone is kind enough to send the info again I'd appreciate it very much...

I need to clear up some EFI terminology, forgive me if the questions don't make sense... (I'm a software guy, don't know much about EFI)

What are the acronyms for different efi types? And what do they stand for and what do they mean?
i.e. TBI, PFI

How does BANK and SEQENTIAL (and any others if there are any) injection fit in with the above list?

What are the different "body types"? And what does it mean to the average joe blow in the street (that's me).
i.e. F-Body, Y-Body etc

Does anyone know how GM's model naming system works? (It may just be GM-Holden's system) Where it goes something like V=medium car, W=Large car etc....? And does it relate in any way to the above "body types" list?

What are the different engine types? And what do the acronyms stand for?
i.e. LT1, LS1

I'm trying to include this info in CarBytes V3 to make it super-simple to use.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers
Paul