Re: EFI - Terminology and acronyms

> What are the acronyms for different efi types? And what do they stand for
> and what do they mean?
> i.e. TBI, PFI

TBI,  Throttle Body Injection, the fuel injector(s) are located directly
above the throttle butterflies.
PFI, TPI, the injectors are located relatively close to the intake valves.

> How does BANK and SEQENTIAL (and any others if there are any) >injection
fit in with the above list?

On a v-8 TBI the alternating firing of the injector would be described as
bank, firing,  TPI/PFI, can be fired in banks, or batch firing (all at
once), or one injector firing per cylinder per ignition event (sequential).

> What are the different "body types"? And what does it mean to the average
> joe blow in the street (that's me).
> i.e. F-Body, Y-Body etc

F-Body- Camaro Firebird
Y-Body- Corvette

> Does anyone know how GM's model naming system works? (It may just be
> GM-Holden's system) Where it goes something like V=medium car, W=Large car
> etc....? And does it relate in any way to the above "body types" list?

No logic that I know of.

> What are the different engine types? And what do the acronyms stand for?
> i.e. LT1, LS1

Marketing as much as anything.  LT "might" have at one point been limited.

> I'm trying to include this info in CarBytes V3 to make it super-simple to
> use.

When it gets to the stage that CSH, HQ employees can use it ya got it made,
then anyone can use it.  <g>
Grumpy