Re: DIS ????

Hey grumpy:
 How ya feelin? the reluctor right here in front of me generate close to 25v
when a quarter gets stuck to it. Not much current thou. you might need to clamp
the output (zener) then clean up the signal.

Previously, you (Bruce Plecan) wrote:
{ Any one got a crank posistion sensor like used with a 7 notch crank, ie 87
{ 2.8-90  3.1L (con you measure it's resistance)?
{ Traning manual says it's a reluctor.
{ I can hook a dissy to the DIS module, and spin it randomly, and get a coil
{ to fire (well a LED).
{ So at least the module works.
{ Now I got the pulse generator that simulates the 7 notches passing the
{ pickup.  The pins for the reluctor at the module, 2 seem to be ground, and
{ the other floating (reads no voltage).

mine has only 2 (87ish cavalier)

{ I can hook a LED across the dissy, and at about the same speed that triggers
{ the module lights the LED without burning it out, so the singnal is A/C, and
{ about 1.8v
{ I'm using the output of a 2732 as the "input" to the module.  I've used it
{ as a pull up, and pull down with a 1K resistor, and LED.  I tried a cap
{ (well numeruos ones) and I can't get a steady firing of the coil.
{ No connections to the EST Bypass or ref.,  the low ref is grounded.
{ Any ideas welcome, and if it takes a Pizza I'll try to e-mail one to the
{ person with the right answer.
{ Cheers
{ Grumpy
{
{ To unsubscribe from gmecm, send "unsubscribe gmecm" (without the quotes)
{ in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo@lists.diy-efi.org
{

--
Pat Ford                           email: pford@qnx.com