Re: DIS ????

My 1990 TGP uses the crank sensor GM # 10456043 which is for 85-92 V6
2.8-3.1L engines.  Resistance is 960 ohms and as the crank passes (fasts as
I could do this by hand since the engine is still waiting for a
turbo/upgrade ;-) ohms shot up fast to maybe a few thousand (not steady and
I would say that there is a minimum speed this device works properly
within).

Jeff Middaugh

Previously, you (Bruce Plecan) wrote:
{ Any one got a crank position sensor like used with a 7 notch crank, ie 87
{ 2.8-90  3.1L (con you measure it's resistance)?
{ Training manual says it's a reluctor.
{ I can hook a dissy to the DIS module, and spin it randomly, and get a coil
{ to fire (well a LED).
{ So at least the module works.
{ Now I got the pulse generator that simulates the 7 notches passing the
{ pickup.  The pins for the reluctor at the module, 2 seem to be ground, and
{ the other floating (reads no voltage).

{ Cheers
{ Grumpy