Re: Tuning, was High Freq MAF Problem

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Use the MAF, and wire in a second ecm.
> Hook enough up to it to wake it up, and disable what ever flags it
> codes.  Then use a diacom, and record one ecm,  and then on a simuliar
> drive record the other ecm.  Then compare what things look like.

I think this would work fine!  Two things come to mind.

1) The correlation of the data that you recorded.  It might be better
   to record both runs at the same time.

2) The actual wiring in of the second ECM, that could get messy.  A
   breakout box would make this easier to do.

Another approach, if your tuning is somewhat close, is recording the
min/max integrator, while keeping the BLM forced to 128.  If you keep
a 16x16 matrix defined by engine operating conditions, and check for and
record the min/max integrator in each location,  you can alter the VE
tables to keep the amount of fueling error to a minimum.  I tried this
for a while, and it works quite well, and doesn't take so much time to
get the VE tables right.  So far, all done w/o EGR, so the EGR tuning is
yet to come....

Scot Sealander