Newbie questions and intro.

Hello list,
  I have owned a Syclone for about 2 1/2 years and have done many
performance
upgrades, all bolt on. I have messed with chips a little bit but have
never
actually made one myself. I've always just copied what someone else has
done.
Now i'm about to pick up an engine that has some work done to it and I
know
it's going to need some tuning.
 I guess what I'm looking for is some general info on what to shoot for
as far
as a good running engine.
 I have looked through the archives a bit and noticed some discussion
about an
EPROM Emulator for SyTy's but didn't see any outcome of it. Was this
ever
built? and if so where can I get one.
 I also looked for a compatible EEPROM for the syty in the archives
without
success.
Thanks for helping the newbie out and I hope to learn a lot from this
list and
hopefully  contribute in the future.
Thanks,
Keith  (itching to learn all about chipping)

--
Keith Gill F.A.S.T.
Riverview, FL