Re: Maf to Map again

In a message dated 2/1/00 9:51:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, nacelp@bright.net
writes:

<< Can any quote an application that was involved with this?.
 Grumpy

 > These apps initially used both a map and a Maf. The maf did the fuel
 > meas.
 > Procedure was to insert the SD chip, slap on a sticker and unplug the
 > failure
 > prone Maf.
 > Essentially when you use a Map you need to implement the SD formula.
 > Maf/RPM gets you to the same point
 > gl all:peter >>

Bruce..that was 87-89 Chevy Celebrity's w/2.8 MPFI. That was a recall.
Apparently something was screwey when you disconnected the battery. The car
would never relearn the idle strategy, apparently due to a bug...surprised??
Anyway, trhe fix was a new calpak, unplug the MAF and apply a decal over the
MAF relay cover. I remember doing a few dozen of them on the line.