Using 28F256 in a 747 instead of 2732A??????????

Shawn wrote,
If you remove the chip from the MEMCAL carrier, it might be easier to
swap in a 28F256 in its place to allow you to erase and write to it
without requiring UV.

How does this work?
Do I then just plug this chip into the ECM without a "Holder"?
This would be great since I was just about to buy an eraser and now could
put that money into chips.
Is there any draw backs/downside to doing this?
How is the 28F256 different? Size, storage amount, speed?

Kevin R